Friday, April 18, 2014

37 Fridays

It's a Good Day...

Today is Good Friday! We have had such a busy week and an even bigger weekend ahead for my family. My hope is that everyone has a fantastic Easter weekend.

My husband and I spent two hours, last night, trying to agree on the candy to put in the plastic eggs for our Sunday family egg hunt. Two hours! I am beginning to think there might be something seriously wrong with us. Finally, I threw my hands up and let him win. We got home only to discover that some of the candy wouldn't fit in those shrinking eggs. Ha! Who's the winner in this really?

I am breaking out the camera for Easter this year! In the past, I have been so grateful for a day off from shooting that I stopped capturing family moments. So busy documenting for others that I forgot about documenting for me. So, this morning I began my Daily Life project. I will photograph my family every single day. I will have my camera readily available at all times. My kids are going to think that their mom has turned into some kind of paparazzi crazy woman. I'm okay with that.

I have learned the difference between being alive and living. And I have decided to choose living. And I am striving to be known more for what I stand for instead of what I stand against. I am choosing to love and forgive. I am realizing that sometimes, in order to move forward, I have to let go - and I am coming to terms with that revelation. I am learning to enjoy that moment, suspended for the briefest of breaths, that comes at the end of crying. After the last tear, the finality of the pain and the burgeoning birth of hope in all that is new and good. And I am drinking in love with everything I have so that I can pour it out on others.

Love and Blessings!
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment