Tuesday, April 15, 2014

37 Tuesdays

Starting Over...

My attempt at the 7 day writing challenge was a total bust. I have been dealing with migraines and allergy junk and I just have not been able to sit at the computer. I am, however, feeling much better now. Time to begin the 7 day challenge ..... again. I will be victorious!

I have been feeling restless lately. It's as if I am at the starting line of a race and I am impatiently waiting for the "Go" so I can take off. Standing at the edge of a precipice, ready to make the leap and ride on the wind. Maybe I am feeling this way because it is spring and I am emerging from my winter weather cabin fever quarantine. 

"Not enough hours in the day" is a phrase that seems to be on repeat in my mind daily. Time management skills continue to elude me. I am determined to conquer my long time foe. 

I've been reminded of one of my favorite worship songs, "This is Life", by Laura Woodley Osman.
I am linking to a youtube video of the song here. The quality isn't great, but it is a beautiful song. I was singing it tonight and my daughter exclaimed, "I remember this song. You used to sing it all the time." I smiled and agreed. Then she asked, "Why did you stop?"  I gave her an answer about how I had just forgotten the song because I had learned others and time just passed. My little girl shook her head and said, "No mom. Why did you stop singing all the time, like you used to?"  I hadn't realized that I had stopped singing. When did there cease to constantly be a song on my heart? 

So, I am going to remember life. And I am going to keep a song on my heart. And I am going to sing.

Love and Blessings!
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment