Wednesday, April 9, 2014

39 Wednesdays

Too much or too little....

I freeze up when I meet new people and they ask me about......well, me. I never really know how much they want to know. Do they want the full version that has lots of details (I write - so I'm full of little details) or the vague short version? I tend to go with the short version, which usually makes me look as interesting as watching paint dry. 

It's the same in casual social situations. I am not great at small talk. Give me a mission or task and put me in an arena with 10,000 people and I am cool as a cucumber. Put me in a small gathering to "hang out" or "fellowship" and I spend most of the time talking myself out of a panic attack.

Part of the problem? I have trouble with my hearing. I read lips....often. So, I am trying to hear, read lips, compute what is being said, read facial expressions, and come up with a response (hopefully witty), and something else to say. 

Another problem? I am a bit weird. Some people just don't "get" me. I can be hard to follow when I really get to talking. Also, my humor is a bit different. 

I never seem to be able to find that line of just enough. How much does someone really want to know about me? Do they really want the full answer to their question or are they just being polite?

This is something I really need to work on.

Love and Blessings!
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment