Saturday, January 25, 2014

49 Fridays

Keep the Faith

I am writing Friday's blog post on a Saturday. Friday was my son's birthday and he was home all day. He is growing up so much and, I admit, I have been a bit teary eyed this week.


Thursday, we were dealt quite a blow to our family. The blow is always fast, but what lingers is the fallout after. The fallout can be distracting. The fallout can cause focus to shift. The fallout can induce panic. The fallout can change relationships. My son always talks about how faith is like a rope. The fallout can cause you to drop the rope.

When something happens, I go through, what I call, my cycle of emotions. I pull the "I'm a woman" card. I run through this cycle of emotions so that I can set my feelings aside and look at the situation. This is how I am not swayed by feelings when dealing with something or making a decision. So, Thursday night, I went through my cycle of emotions. Then we went to bed.

Friday morning, I saw that my husband was struggling with the fallout. I knew that I had to grip the rope a little tighter for awhile. It is one of the amazing and wonderful aspects of our marriage I am most thankful for. There are times when he needs to hold it tighter for me. In different times and situations, one of us is stronger than the other, so the other can regroup. What is so great is that we can sense which one of us that needs to be. During my cycle of emotions, my husband is the strong one. Even though we are both dealing with the same situation, he rises to it and holds it together. Then there are times when I see that I have to rise up for him. It would be so easy to just rely on my husband all of the time. Let him carry it all. Let him pull on the rope alone. But even Moses needed help to hold his arms up.

So, my challenge to myself yesterday was to keep the faith. I needed to hold the rope tighter. One of the things I did was contact three dear friends who are faith warriors. We needed their prayers and encouragement. So blessed to have them in our lives.

My challenge to you is to find those people who help hold you up when your arms are weary from carrying your load and burdens. Keep the faith.

Love and Blessings!
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment