Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Old Loves and New Directions


2013 was a difficult year.  At one point, I dubbed it the "worst year of my life". There were many changes for me - personally, physically and professionally. I took off the entire month of December in order to reevaluate. I needed to reevaluate my life and my business.

In my old blog, I spoke of some of my struggles over this past year. The prayers and sweet messages of love and encouragement were greatly appreciated. Thank you.

December consisted of a lot of prayer and soul searching. There were a series of questions that I had to ask myself. Over and over again. Until I was honest. Really honest with myself. I figured out what I didn't want. What I was doing that I hated. The parts of my life that were hindering me, making me unhappy. At the end, I was left with the question - Now what?

Now what - indeed. Near the end of December, I received the offer of a lifetime. I mean, I would be crazy to turn it down. Yet I was terrified. Terrified of ....stepping out - in faith, out of my comfort zone, into the unknown, out of expectations set by others. What if i fail? What if I'm wrong? What if....what if.....what if....?................What if....it makes me happier than I have ever been?

There was my aha moment! I didn't believe that I deserved it. I was afraid to reach for it. What would happen to my relationships if I went for it? If I didn't stay in the box that they expected me to be in? The box that I had put myself in - not them. Some wanted me in that box, but I made the choice to get in. So, would I be brave enough to climb out?

I truly felt myself standing before two roads. And I decided to take the one less traveled.

What does all that mean? Well, I closed down the Photography business. I am still doing photography as art, commercially, and for pleasure. I love photography, so I could never quit that. And I still have shoots lined up for this year that I am honoring. I will also be having an Exhibition of my Fine Art this year and holding model calls from time to time.

This is my year of Jubilee! This is the year my ministry truly begins. I will be traveling - a lot. I have three books coming out this year. This is the year that I really step into who I am created to be.

This blog is my connection to all of you. The business facebook is shutting down and my old website is gone. I will be sharing on here so much. I have about 515,000 minutes left of 2014. 51 more Wednesdays. I hope you will all come along on this journey with me.

Love and Blessings!
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment