Wednesday, January 29, 2014

49 Wednesdays

A Woman with Purpose - On Purpose

Someone once told me that I was a great example of a Titus 2 woman. I remember thinking that I was a fraud. How could someone see that in me when I couldn't see it in myself? I always read Titus 2 and saw how far away I was from being that woman. I was just accidentally falling into some of those characteristics and people saw that. Then panic and doubt set in. Was I playing a part that people were buying? 

One of the most important lessons I learned as a photographer was perspective. I realized I was viewing myself from a place of fear. Others were seeing parts of me that I wasn't looking at because I was so focused on where I was failing. I began to read Titus 2 from a new perspective. There were both strengths and weaknesses. 

I have purpose and I need to be purposeful about it. So, my challenge today is to work on one of my weaknesses from Titus 2. Keeping the home is a huge weakness for me. It is something that I just didn't do because I was bad at it. The reality is I was bad at it because I didn't do it. Something to do with that whole practice makes perfect lesson that I hated hearing about as a young lass. I was just hiding behind excuses to avoid it. This is my year of no excuses though - so I have to confront that weakness head on. This is something I am going to overcome. Keeping the home is going to go on my strengths list. I have purposed in my heart to do it. Why? Because it is all part of me fulfilling my purpose. 

I can finally see myself as a Titus 2 woman. Not because I have perfected it, but because I am in the journey of it. I am growing in it. I see where I am excelling at it and not just where I fall short. 

My challenge to you today is to look at yourself from another perspective. You might be surprised at who you find.

Love and Blessings!
Bri

3 comments:

  1. This is both an excellent entry and a humbling encounter with truth. Thank you. Fear is my greatest weakness, and I am well familiar with the feeling of being a fraud. You have given me much to think on and pray about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think as a woman, most of us struggle with feeling like a fraud at one time or another. Add motherhood and being a wife and try holding all that together and that can add to the feeling. I am so glad you posted this Bri. This, too, is one of my weaknesses and I struggle every day to become better at it. Thank you for your honesty :)

    ReplyDelete