Monday, January 20, 2014

50 Fridays

...Running Late....

I know, I know - this is late. My son was home sick from school on Friday and it threw off my day. Which got me thinking about time and running late. And I remembered the following quote:

                    "Perfect Planning Prevents Poor Performance." - Dr. Mark Barclay

It is a great quote. It is also something that I fail miserably at. I am, by nature, a go with the flow kind of girl. However, I want to be a perfect planner, a super organized woman. When I try to be that perfection of time management, something usually happens that I didn't plan on. And it throws everything out of balance for me. So, I usually throw my hands up in the air and go back to my "take the day as it comes" attitude.

My goal has been to find the balance between the two. How's that going for me? Well, it is still a work in progress. I am learning to be less rigid when planning and also a little less go with the flow. Baby steps seems to be the key. Not staying in my pajamas until noon was a great step. If I can start the day off right, I tend to get more done. And I'm learning how much time it actually takes to do things. That was a problem. I couldn't very well allow one hour to complete a task that actually takes two.

So, my challenge on Friday was to improve my planning and increase my performance. For those of you who have this down, you have my admiration and respect. I applaud you. Seriously. For those of you who are like me and wonder at night what happened to your day when comparing your "to-do" list with your "did" list - challenge yourself. Find your balance. Plan while allowing for life to happen.

Love and Blessings!
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment