Saturday, February 15, 2014

46 Saturdays

Week in Review...

47 Wednesdays - I was reminded of the importance of nurturing friendships and building relationships. It is so easy to let those waste away. 

46 Thursdays - I spent the day in meetings and conferences. My house was shouting at me with it's complaint of neglect when I finally made it home late that evening. I ignored the protests.

47 Fridays - Valentine's Day. The day of love and romance. Spent the day with my husband and our two children (who still live at home) out and about. Snow and all around bad weather hit. We had a difficult time getting home but we made it.

This week has been non-stop on the go for me. When I haven't been closed up working on my top secret project, I have been out. This week, my family has also been dealt quite a few blows. We are navigating through, the best we can, keeping our trust in God. And, sometimes, that is hard to do. When sucker punched by circumstance or a situation, my first thought is still - "What are we going to do?". Thankfully my immediate response is - "Trust God".  However, I wish I wouldn't even ask the first question. Why do I go there? I let fear rise up. I stomp it down, but I still let it rise up a bit first. 

Today, I am taking stock of what I have and thanking God for it all. And, I am thanking Him for what is coming. I am thanking Him for His promises. 

Now that this past week is over, I can get back to blogging every day again. I have missed it.

My challenge for you today is to look back over your week and be thankful for all that you have. Don't dwell on what you don't have or a situation that has you feeling down. If you're reading this, you have life, breath, a working body, love to give, love to receive, hopes, dreams, opportunities, choices....the list goes on.

Love and Blessings!
Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment