Thursday, February 6, 2014

47 Thursdays

The importance of your why....

A major driving force in my life, before now, was gaining acceptance. Applause. Validation. Accolades. I would go from one extreme of doing tasks or performing to gain that acceptance to hiding in self-loathing because I felt I didn't deserve it.

Why? That was the million dollar question.

The easy answer seemed to be because I craved love that I was never given. Because I grew up not feeling wanted or valued. That was the easy answer. Easy to blame others. Easy to justify. Easy to release me of responsibility. Easy for me to avoid the real answer.

So I asked myself "Why?" again. This time I looked at what I was doing to find the answer. All of the competitions I entered, awards I sought, applause I performed for.....it was basically public masturbation. I was doing all of those things to make me feel good. For a brief moment of pleasure. This was all about me. It began and ended with me.

I bypassed the easy answer and found the truth. The truth was that I didn't love myself. I felt I wasn't worthy. I didn't accept myself. I hated me. That was my why.

It has taken me a lot of time to love myself. Now, when I do something my why is rooted in love and truth. That has made all the difference in my happiness, my relationships, my life. I am purposeful in not letting my "why" come from a place of selfishness. My "why" must come from a place of gratitude.

Your challenge - find your "Why".

Love and Blessings!
Bri  

No comments:

Post a Comment